The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Poseidon's Lair

Hey guys, my new puzzle map is out, so I thought I'd put some handy links up here to help you all get started on this watery adventure.

To check out the full map post, which includes pictures, the backstory, and important information on the map, you can just click either of the two links below:

Paradox Forums Post

Forgehub Post

It was also recently featured on Forgehub, which is pretty damn awesome, so you can check out that post here:

Forgehub Feature

The map's doing way better than I could've predicted, and I'd like to thank all of those who are downloading and spreading the map- it's really cool of you. Unfortunately there was a break found within the first day of the map's release. I had quickly fixed it, and put up the new version on my fileshare, while taking down the old. The problem was that the old version already had 500 downloads, and the tags weren't removed from it, making it still relatively easy to find eventhough I had updated all my links to the map. On Halo 3, removing a file from your fileshare would automatically strip it of all its tags, but perhaps someone on Reach had already copied this map to their own fileshare. Either way, I found out a couple days later that the old version was on the front page of "Most Downloaded Maps" in Bungie's file browser. It was getting over 200 downloads an hour, which was pretty rediculous, and cool, but it just sucked that it was the old version. It ended up rounding out at about 12,000 downloads, before the list was updated for a new week. Then my map got featured on Forgehub, with the links to the new version, causing it to appear on the front page of Bungie's most downloaded as well. Since the old version had just been up there, the new one didn't receive quite as much attention, but still garnered over 6,000 downloads in just a week. All in all, I'm pretty blown away with its success.

Of course, with all these downloads, came many pleas for a walkthrough. So I have several options for those wishing to take the easy way out to choose from:

Youtube Walkthrough with Music

Youtube Walkthrough with Commentary

Bungie.net File (to download to your Halo: Reach game)

And of course, here's the link to download the map itself:

Poseidon's Lair File Set

So that's about it for now, thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more reviews and updates, coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Search engines are software that crawl the web and
    make it easy of searching for particular content over the internet.
    The average person has a short attention span, so a good start is to make a video that is short,
    sweet and to the point. Our technical resources give each
    project their comprehensive attention.

    my webpage ... mcmarshals.com

    ReplyDelete