The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Get Excited

Yes, get excited. Why, why Mander, why? Because shit is going down.

First off yes, I have been out of comission on here for far too long. Why, you ask? Exams, I say. Moving on, there will be a lot of action on here coming up this very week.

I currently have a number of maps on the go (meaning that they are in the process of being forged) and some videos planned to be made and uploaded this week. So what have I been working on?

Well, I've been working on my first competitive map "Altitude" which takes place in Sanbox's Sky Bubble. Altitude will be a six-story map compatable with all gametypes and yes, as you may have noticed, it's unique feature is its height, something that I'm surprised other forgers haven't taken advantage of.

Next, I started a map on Foundry called "Jail Break" where basically Cops & Robbers meets puzzle maps. There will be one guard on duty (the infected) and four criminals who must work together in order to escape the prison. This map will both be fun for the cop and the criminals as there is plenty activities for the both of them.

I also plan on making "Infection Colliseum" on Sandbox, along with another puzzle in the "Mind" series but those won't be started for a while.

Dead Space has been out for awhile now and has been doing well. I've posted it on Forgehub along with Mind Gouge and both have been receiveing a fair amount of attention eventhough they're in the midst of a Sandbox epidemic. I've decided to do videos for both maps and hopefully get them out this week and the next.

And now here's the part to get excited about:

There is a rumour going around that the best of the best puzzle forgers have united to make one insanely awesome puzzle map on Sandbox... It couldn't be true, could it? Nothing like this ever actually happens...

It's true. BuddhaCrane, Yeeman Iz Bak, T3CHH800, The Flippy One (Mr Beastly), Jmen77, WickedSOADMAN, ZZmayo and myself have joined forces to forge a puzzle on Sandbox. T3CHH800 came up with the idea to unite us and has organized it into happening. Each of us will be designing a few challenges so that together it will form the ultimate puzzle map! We're making sure that the challenges we create our some of our best yet, since they represent us as puzzlemakers. We each want our own section to be the favourite section of the map. A little competition never hurts anybody, does it? It just makes sure that each and every challenge on the map is mind-blowing.

I've already got my section planned, and I think that fans of my puzzles will be delighted. So delete some of your crappier custom content to make sure that you have room for this thing because it's coming, and it's going to be INSANE! It should be complete within a month or so, so keep your eyes and ears open. Tell all of your friends, tell everybody you meet on Xbox Live, and tell your mother, because this is definately something to look forward to.

After my Mind Gouge and Dead Space videos, I'll likely make a preview video for this prodigy of a map.

Thanks for your time,
-Mander

21 comments:

  1. OMG AWESOME!
    Finally an update! And a good one too! I CANT WAIT FOR THAT SANDBOX PUZZLE MAP! I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!1!!11

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool... Nice to see ur still alive Mander...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'd better go get rid of this hard-on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you actually updated the site. That's some good news- just hopefully you folow through on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's so cool that Mander is forging a map with Buddha and Yee Man. My dream has come true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pesonaly don't even know half of those puzzle makers exept for, Buddhacrane, YEE MAN IZ BAK, mander A1, and T3CHH800, they're like my most favorite, so this seems F*ckin awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah T3CHH800 is pretty good, but I like mander better, BuddhaCrane, you can't compare him with any other puzzle maker, maybe YEE MAN, But thinking of all them together is really cool, i've never been this excited about a map.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No I think T3CHH800 and mander A1 are like on the same level, the forging, and thier ideas are both unique and COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's about time you put something on the website, that map sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are off your rockers- mander A1 is the best by far. And I'll tell you why:

    BuddhaCrane's maps are too hard and the forging is not clean but his ideas are good.

    Yee Man's forging is damn clean but many of his ideas/ challenges are lame and the ones that aren't he has stolen from someone else. I know for a fact that he has stolen numerous challenges for mander, BuddhaCrane, and other map makers.

    I don't even know how you guys are considering T3CHH- both his challenges and forging is mediocre.

    Mander's maps are of the best quality because they have great forging and great and ORIGINAL ideas!

    Some people say that yeeman's better because he's made more maps but that's valueing quantity over quality- which is rediculous.

    If you want the best quality puzzle maps then go with mander A1. He forges with the player in mind- making the challenges both fun and great to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. T3CHH's ok, I might have to disagree that his forging and ideas are "mediocre", but some are a little "lame", if one may put it, although I do agree mander's a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate to say it but Dark Brier makes a good point. Buddha's maps are too hard, whereas Mander makes it fun for the player. It's the same thing with Yeeman's latest maps- they're rediculously hard and frustating and not fun to play. But I still have to say that Buddha's capable of doing things that nobody else can. He is a Halo God. If you play for a challenge go Buddha. If you play to have a good time go Mander. If you play to see stolen ideas go Yee Man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yee man does copy, but only sometimes, he copied more in his older maps, he is getting better though. He has improved on his forging, you do have to give him credit for that, and buddha has always been one of my favorites.

    Mander is good but the only problem is he only has THREE MAPS! He needs to come out with more. T3CHH, I guess I do have to give him a bit of credit on his "Extacy" map, that one did impress me.

    The real point is all these great puzzle makers are coming together, and this map is going to improve the puzzle community where it's at now, with all the same old tricks. I am looking forward to this map, especialy to see if Yee man and T3CHH can redeem themselves(we don't need to worry about Buddha or mander, I already know they're challenges are going to be great:).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey guys, stop with the flame wars. It's not a competition and frankly we puzzle makers don't even care as we all respect each other. Everyone of us has our pros and cons and it's only personal preference that sets us apart.

    BTW Yee Man asks or tells me before he uses one of my ideas in his maps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why are you guys hatin' on T3CHH? After all if it wasn't for him they wouldn't be forging this map.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool, Mander actually replied. He never does that. NICE

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with Mander, it's not a competition of who's better, all of them have talent and we should just appreciate the fact that they've all gotten together to build the best puzzle map for us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Ultrap0und, we're not "hating on T3CHH", T3CHH is a cool guy and I think it's great that he got everybody together- it's just that when it comes down to the crunch he's not in the same league as Mander, Yee Man, and BuddhaCrane. But I don't hate T3CHH at all, I think he's great and his maps are pretty cool. T3CHH doesn't need to "redeem" himself as that one anonymous said- but he can take this map as an opportunity to show how much better he's gotten since his last map.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mander, even if Yee Man does tell you before using your ideas, he's still using other people ideas in his maps which is lazy and not cool in my opinion.
    That's why I'm a huge fan of your maps- all your ideas are original and new, keeping the experience fresh and exciting rather than boring and repetive as I often find the case to be with Yee Man's maps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol, I'm glad you guys don't have Gamer 720 in the mix. His maps are lame compared to yours and he shamelessly promotes himself.

    ReplyDelete
  21. T3CHH800 leaked out a picture of the map! It's here at this link:
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=76088892

    ReplyDelete