The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

What's New

Well, I've updated the last post with the hints to Mind Gouge so be sure to check them out. As you can see they took awhile because I decided to rhyme them so that they would sound a bit more clever. Whether they actually do or not, I have no idea.

Anyways, I'm starting to feel a little guilty for not releasing a new video to my subscribers for a long time. I'm getting about five new subscribers a week and have nothing new to give them. Hopefully this will help push me into finishing my Mind Snare Machinima (which should be pretty awesome). But honestly you guys got to cut me some slack as I'm full-time at the university here, working 30 hours a week at my job, enrolled in a Scuba Diving Course, and giving my girlfriend a fair amount of attention too. I really appreciate the support I get from you guys but just don't expect something new every week with me. I actually was planning on writing a review for Dead Space (the game I recently picked up) but I haven't found the time. Maybe I still will if I do but don't count on it. In the meantime I can give you a short summary of what it's about though.
It's an awesome horror game by EA, where you're a couple hundred years into the future and are investigating a distress signal sent out from the massive mining spaceship the Isshimora. The graphics and story are great and the gameplay is terrifying. Mutated corpses run through the ventilation system and sneak up behind you to tear your limbs off. Sometimes they also pretend to play dead and just as you walk by them they'll jump up and maul you. It's awesome. Also EA's incorporated a combat system called "Strategic Dismemberment" which basically works exactly how it sounds. You have to strategically dismember your enemies limb by bloody limb to stop them from killing you. You shoot off their heads- they just get pissed off, you shoot off their legs- they'll crawl to you. You basically have to take them completely apart and then finish them with a curb stop to survive. While there is a lot of blood and guts it's not an excessively gorey game, which is a good thing as I find games with too much gore aren't very realistic and sometimes just downright disturbing. Probably the most disturbing part about this game is the infected fetus corpses that attack you, and when they get too close your character is forced to grab them and boot them across the room. I never thought I'd play a game where you drop-kick a baby, but it's actually an extremely fun and scary game.
Check it out.

-Mander

4 comments:

  1. The character's name is Isaac. And I was going to get Dead Space but I got Fable II, both are awesome games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mander- Mind Gouge is GREAT. Incredible forge job! I ended up having to watch the walkthrough to beat it but I got pretty dang far on my own(to challenge 14). Can't wait till you're next project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dead Space sounds SIK. I'll check it out on teh web and maybe even buy it. But Fable II just came out and lots of ma friends got it. Hmmm, hard decision.....
    **waits for the right choice to appear**
    **nothing happens**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long post, but atleast I managed to burn some time reading it. I've seen the previews for Dead Space and it looks pretty scary. I might get it, but I'll probably ask for it for Christmas since I'm saving my money for Fable 2.

    And why won't you accept my friend request? You've declined it twice now and I don't think that that's a very nice way to treat fans who view your site. If you could give me an answer that'd be great (I'm not a little kid).

    ReplyDelete