The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Im sorry, so here you go

Yes, I guess I haven't lived up to my promise yet of a project a week but it's more complicated than that. It's not like I haven't been working on projects (I have), it's just that I've ether had difficulties completing them or publishing them on the web for you. Take my newest map Mind Snare for example, I've been working on it for close to a month now, but I haven't released it due to 2 reasons. One was that I needed it to go through rigorous testing to make sure that it was 100% ready when I first publish it. This includes getting the breakmaster BuddhaCrane (creator of such impossible puzzle maps as Carnation, Earth, and TERRORtories) to rigorously test it for me.



The other thing was that I wanted to time it's release with the release of the Indiana Jones movie to help spike its downloads as it is an Indy-themed map. I'll get back to that one in a bit.






I also had troubles finding a safe way to download music for my videos, and since I'm not eligible for a visa this proved a big problem for me. But I have found a way past it now so that complication is in the past. So once I had the music I made a great video of Recluse Mansion. Yes, it's all done now, but when I tried to upload it to YouTube, it would just stay on the loading screen and wouldn't change. And don't tell me that I just need to wait longer- I read the info and it said it should just take a few minutes, 15 tops. I waited 6 hours! (I didn't actually just sit there waiting, I did other things, but still 6 hours and it still didn't load!). Plus when it's in that process of uploading it slows the shit out of my internet connection so I can't play live. So I'm currently working on a way past that now.






But as you may have noticed, I said that I was waiting to time Mind Snare with Indiana Jones, and the new Indy is now out. Also there was a large amount of discrete past tense used in my explaination of Mind Snare. So what does this mean? It means that Mind Snare is indeed finished.



After a month of dreaming up new and interesting challenges, putting them together in forge, constructing, tweaking, and redoing,plus massive amounts of tests including ones done by none other than BuddhaCrane this map is thebest thing I have ever produced in forge. I can say that without a doubt. Also everybody who has played this map has proclaimed their undying love for it and downloaded it to quench their thirst for a satisfying puzzle map. This map is the ultimate. So enough blabber let's cut to the chase.



Mind Snare is a challenging puzzle map. It is more difficult than its predecessor map, Mind Trap, but it still follows my theme of not being rediculously hard either. There are no really hard jumps or moves incorporated into this map- it is passable by any Halo player with mediocre skill. But the challenges are difficult and require some good problem solving skills. Also many challenges are dangerous and deadly, keeping the game a thrill. Here are some pics of the map that gave me countless headaches.





So there you are, if you want more details about the map and game follow the link to Mind Snare that will now be located on the side of my blog under "My maps and games".
Also to reward your patience, I will have multiple projects come out in the next week or so, which includes the Recluse Mansion video, and a Mind Trap Walkthrough. The project after that will be my first machinima "Parenting Tactics in Halo 3" which will be a comedy and probably not a series.
Peace,
Mander

11 comments:

  1. I forgive you. lol, this looks frekin amazing Mander!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot diggidy damn! I got to get on B.net and download this shit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About time mander...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... that you started kicking ass and getting recognized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome man. Can't wait for that machinima too =p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stuck on the large pit:(. But this map is unreal! You rock man, and you got some serious talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aesome, just awesome. Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm halfway through the map (i think) and it's the best thing I've ever laid eyes on so far.

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  9. mander cool pictuers

    ReplyDelete
  10. mander cool pictuers

    ReplyDelete