The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Major Update

I have some good news- I will now produce a new project every week whether it be a machinima, map, or a video showing a map or something else. This is because I have moved out of my parent's house and into one with a couple of roomates. My parents were extremely strict with Xbox time (hardly would stand it at all) so now that I am free of their grasp I will beable to keep up with a new project every week. But give me until at least next week to start this as I have fallen a little behind with the whole moving thing.

I also need to find a way to get free (or close to it) songs of the net without being at extreme risk of getting a virus. I was going to get the limewire package where you pay $50 and then get free unlimited downloads for a lifetime which are gauranteed virus free, but you need a Visa for that one and since I do not own one and my parents do not want to use theirs for it, I'm unable to go that route. So if you have any suggestions for the best way to accomplish this please do give them.

And here's a list of my planned projects for the next hundred weeks or so...:
1) Mind Snare (the sequel puzzle map to my successful Mind Trap)
2) Recluse Mansion Video
3) Secret Avalanche Map
4) Infection Colliseum (map)
5) Parenting Tactics in Halo (machinima)
6) Mind Trap Walkthrough Video
7) Return of the Flood: Episode 1(machinima)
8) Infection Colliseum Video
9) Avalanche map Video
10) United Nations of Halo: Episode 1(machinima)
11) Reaper Street (map)*
12) Corridors (map)*
13) Mind Snare Walkthrough Video

A couple things to note on that baker's dozen project list:
1) They are in no particular order and will not neccessarily be released in that sequence.
2) Mind Snare is not likely to be the first one released as I only work on it whenever I come up with a new idea for a clever puzzle.
3) The projects with stars next to their names are not gauranteed.
4) I've been receiving a large amount of requests to join other's forge groups lately. While I appreciate the offers don't expect me to accept them as I prefer to work alone. So just to rephrase: I will not accept any offers to join a forge group.
5) The same is true for friend requests. I got 15 random friend requests that I had to go through and delete the last time I signed in to xbox live. I don't really understand why as I haven't really done much besides my maps- I don't want to know what it'll be like when I start releasing machinimas. I won't accept random friend requests- if it's regarding one of my maps such as Mind Trap and you want me to show you around it then atleast send me a voice message saying so and I might do it. Just don't expect me to keep you on my friends list after as it's nearly at its limit (that's not saying that I won't though).
6) As for help with machinimas, that's a maybe. It is going to be hard for me to do scenes with multiple characters even though I have four controllers. I can only move two at a time and even then it is slightly sloppy. But please only offer when I request for assistance (I will do so on this blog) or I just won't consider it.

Mander

20 comments:

  1. You moved out? Aren't you 18 and going to university or is your pofile bullshitting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't care much forReaper Street and Corridors do you?
    lol

    oh and I would recommend limewire pro. Its free and I have it and havent had a problem with viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is god news, you havent updated for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, for the next hundred weeks or so...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1337ness, can't wait dood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's only 13 projects not a 100 dumass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well all of that is very interesting. I’ve gotten random friend requests too but not nearly as many. I think some of them are from newbs who just played you in a match-making game and sent you a friend request since they have none. You also have to keep in mind that some of your maps have over a 1000 downloads so there’s bound to be people who really like it and send you a friend request for building their favourite map. Can only imagin how many requests Bungie must get. Machinimas will definitely increase requests you get of all sorts because of their popularity, its like befriending a movie star. Digitalph33r must get a whole shitload of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spiral frog is good but its hard to get lesser known songs on it. Just convince someone to let you use their sredit card for limewire pro 2008. Its 50 bucks for life and it works great. I got it and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To anonymous above dark brier:
    He was being sarcastic

    DUMBASS (he really is a dumbass as he spelt "dumbass" wrong and couldn't figure out that mander was sarcastic)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Sorry, I menat the anonymous above the anonymous above Dark Brier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought ur machinimas wud be out by now. U keep saying soon butt they never cum. I dunt think they ever will..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don’t let the fame get to you’re head. I suggest spiralfrog.com for you’re music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rofl – “U keep saying soon }butt{ they never }cum{.” Lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, man you should never spell “come” that way. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He likes cum in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you guys are really immature. N e ways, Mander for your music I don’t know what to recommend but I know not to recommend Bresso.com. I used it and our computer crashed from a viress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey mander limewire is free the one you saw was a scam. Just go to download.com and search for it. Hope this helps...

    ReplyDelete
  18. spiralfrog.com is not great- it puts songs in wma format so you cant use them in itunes so yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So when does the week end?

    ReplyDelete