The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Everything interesting

Okay so here's everything that's happening these days. I know I was supposed to get the Dead Space video up but I've been having troubles picking a good song for it that won't get taken down for copyright issues. Don't worry though because I've been working on other treats for you and the Dead Space video will be made soon.

The Puzzle Update: Yes, I'm aware that one of the most interesting topics being discussed on my blog right now is the Puzzle Map being made by all the best puzzle makers and it's progress. Well, I'm done my section and I've handed it off to T3CHH800 to build the hub of the map and his challenges, then it'll go to BuddhaCrane, then to Gamer720, then to The Flippy One, then to jmen77, and finally WickedSOADMAN. T3CHH should be almost done his section by now, so progress is being made.
To those of you who are asking about the preview video of the map, here's what's happening with it: I'll make it after my Dead Space video, and I'm hoping to do it once Buddha is done his section so I'll have a decent amount of rooms to do cameos on. The problem is that I have people pushing me to do it earlier as Buddha's section probably won't be done for 2 weeks, and I've also had a request from Gamer720 not to do it until his section of the map is done. Any way you cut it- it still comes down to the fact that I'll do it when I think the time is right. Even if your section doesn't get a cameo in the preview video, you'll still get credit and your section will still be shown in the walkthrough video after the map is released.

BTW I have the preview video mapped out in my head and I'm telling you now that it's going to be SICK. Besides, it would be hard to do a bad video on this map as it's turning out so well.

Anyways in other news, I've been working on a new infection map and let's just say that this'll be my best chance of getting featured on Forgehub yet. I don't want to say too much about it, but I'll let you know that it's urban themed and inspired by the two best zombie movies "Dawn of the Dead" (2004 version) and "28 Days Later". It's about half done and it's definately got some of my best forging and ideas yet. I will also make a machinima-like video for this map, which will come out sometime after the preview video. This video will also make use out of YouTube's new annotations feature, which allows the viewer to choose what happens.

I also reorganized my fileshare so that it's much easier to find the files you want, while keeping all the downloads and ratings they've recieved. It wasn't easy to do, but it was worth the effort and now I won't have to do it again.

This brings me to my next point which is that after I upload my new infection map to my fileshare along with the new puzzle map when it's complete and their respectful gametypes, I will only have room for two more maps (maybe three if I squeeze). And after all, Halo 3 is beginning to run near the end of it's rope. After ODST comes out in the fall, Bungie won't be making anymore add-ons for Halo 3, and I have to admit that they've milked it for all it's worth. Therefore I will be making no more than three more maps on Halo 3, by which time my fileshare will be stock-full of goodies for you. I will, however, continue to make videos and many may still be made in Halo 3.

So there you have it, all the important events that are unwinding with my Xbox Live account. I think I mentioned everything I wanted to. I suppose you may be wondering what the final two maps I'll be making are. Maybe I'll leave that for another time. *cough* Infection Colliseum and Mind Crypt *cough* I should grab some Halls.

Catch ya on the other side,
-Mander

8 comments:

  1. Mind Crypt?! That means you're making another puzzlemap for the "mind" series. YAAHHH! I thought you said Mind Gouge was going to be the last one. Oh well, thanks for the awesome update. I really can't wait for that "Ultimate Puzzle Map" and your infection map sounds cool too. I love 28 Days Later, but sometimes it freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting news about the puzzle map. I hope you do the preview video soon, I really want to see how it's turning out. And what about your competitive map "Altitude"? Aren't you making that anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser at the end lol. Dead Space vid plz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Mander, a lot of things updated, I didn't know you were making another puzzle, oh well maybe you can let me be a tester! Ha, Ha oh well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only 2 more maps!!!! That SUCKS! Why not just take down some of the less popular content on your fileshare like teleport tower or some of the videos?

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the anonymous above: I'm pretty sure that he's already planning to take those down. If he takes down all of his videos (save walkthroughs), screenshots and teleport tower- keeping all of his popular files on his fileshare, then that leaves 9 open slots (the bottom nine). Then add his two new sandbox maps and their gametypes then that leaves only 5 open slots. So that's two maps and two gametypes, and if he's going to do another puzzle map, Mind Crypt, then he needs room for a walkthrough video. That would mean a full fileshare.

    There I did the math for you guys. You're welcome.

    By the way, cool update Mander. I don't mind that the Dead Space video got delayed, it sounds like you got a lot going on right now. And most of it includes stuff for us anyways. Thanks for keeping Halo awesome!

    -DB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ur makin a machinima video of ur new map? Like the 1 you planed to do for Mind Snare but was misterusly forgotten about and disapeared from your to-do list forever? Oh god...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete