The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Important Update

Okay so here's the deal: Machinima.com is having a contest where you submit a machinima and the best one picked either by jurors or the audience can win up to $5000 US. I am completely eligible for this contest being over 18 and all so I am entering it. Because I want to see the 5 grand under my name I am entering my best material. That means that since the last day for entries is July 29th I will have to post-pone previously mentioned projects for this. This is not bad news, becuase instead you will get the pilot episode for my main planned series "United Nations of Halo". This comedy has the best of my ideas worked into it and is my best chance of winning the contest.

There is something else though. In order to produce this ultimate machinima, I require more than one character on a local network to have a large amount of armour perms to be unlocked. Which means I need another account since I don't have the time to create another one myself and unlock all the achievements again. It just so happens that I have a friend who is willing to give me a level 50 account if, in return, I make him a movie about him and his maps. So we made a deal and thats how it's going to happen.

So some projects are being post-poned while others are jumping ahead. To avoid any confusion here is the new list of which order the projects will appear in:
1. My montage (it is all captured and ready to go so expect it very soon)
2. Yeeman's video of his puzzle maps.
3. United Nations of Halo - Pilot Episode
4. Mind Snare Machinima

Also there are a few projects that I might fit in between the above list if I find the time:
- "Worst Doubles Partner Ever": A short comical video of numerous mishaps I've experienced in the 'Team Doubles' playlist with a certain friend.
- "Chief's Journey": This is another one of the major series I have planned, so if there is time I will also make this to submit into the contest to help improve my chances(Multiple entries are allowed).
- "Infection Colliseum": This is map that I've had planned for a long time and am very enthusiastic about making. This will most likely come after the 'Mind Snare Machinima'.

And that pretty much wraps it up. Remember: Two wrongs don't make a right, and two rights make a u-turn. That's my quality advice for the day.

peace
-Mander

8 comments:

  1. Go on and win it!

    And I was thinking if you needed more people to make some of your more advanced machinimas that I am availible!

    WIN!

    Mr. WIff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news. Crazy, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is "United Nations of Halo" about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have a good shot at getting 1st place as not many people can make machinimas. Good Luck!

    Your friend Irish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friends with Yeeman? That's cool- I've played some of his puzzle maps before. They're really good but your Mind Snare is still my favourite. I'll be interested to see that video so make sure you put it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. two wrongs don't make a rigth and two rights make a U turn. I'll remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete