The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Whoops- UNOH Pilot

Okay so it's the 29th - the last day for submitting entries for the Next Gen Machinima contest. Contest closes at 12:00pm that night. I was up late the night before working on my machinima and up early that morning. Production is fast, the machinima is practically done. My girlfriend and I go see the 3:45pm Dark Knight show at the movie theatre (great movie btw), since I'm sure the machinima will be complete within another 2 hours. Dark Knight turns out to be a little longer than I expected, I get home around 7:30pm. My computer is running slow as shit from being on all day. Our internet temporarily goes down. I decide to publish a rushed version of the machinima to make sure that I get it in on time. 11:00pm - I'm done and still have a whole hour ahead of me- whew, that was a close call. I hit the publish button to save the movie as a file (this normally takes 10-15 minutes), then I will upload it to Machinima.com as a contest entry (another 10-15 minutes). My girlfriend and I watch Supernatural to pass the time. My computer has other plans. It's 11:50pm and the damn thing isn't done saving the file. I stress a little. 11:59 - the file is saved. I go on to machinima.com to upload it and watch with my own two eyes the "Submit" link disappear. :(

Ah well, no use crying over spilt milk. I will upload a final version to Youtube and Machinima in the near future so keep a close eye on the blog as that's probably going to happen today. Actually sure, I'll put the link at the bottom of this post and update when the machinima is ready. Enjoy- I'm very happy with the way it turned out.


UNITED NATIONS OF HALO: PILOT EPISODE

Youtube

Machinima




peace
-Mander

13 comments:

  1. lol, I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if I were you. I hope you update the link soon- I want to check this machinima out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, too bad. Don't worry about it too much though, Digitalph33r and Harabek, and other popular machinimators didn't get paid for their first episodes either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit man that was awesome! 5/5! I rated it with my youtube account. Great job man, and it's too bad that you didn't get it done in time for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice, that was grat. France is absolutely awesome

    Irish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I subscribed to your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, good job on your machinima. Nice blog too. How often do you come out with a new video?

    FlamingBartender

    ReplyDelete
  8. He comes out with a new project about every week FlamingBartender. Sometimes it's a machinima, sometimes it's a map, sometimes it's a video about a map and sometimes it's just completely random.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, that is too bad. That was a bad ass machinima and probebly would have won the contest. But I guess as u said- no use crying over spilt milk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really liked your machinima. The voices were looud and so kinda was teh backgroun sound but it was waaaayyyyyyy better than I though it was going to be so congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm French!
    jk, im actually Australian but its too bad that you didnt have my country in there. Oh well- atleast im not french lololol

    ReplyDelete
  12. France and Iraq FTW.
    States is pretty funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. too bad you missed the contest. If you want I could do some accents for your machinima, I'm pretty good at them and it'd help give you variety. add me on xbox live my gt is xxThe Fonzxx
    Thanks, and consider it.

    ReplyDelete