The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mervin Update

So a couple things here:
1. The votes are in and it's official that Jon Graham aka "DigitalPh33r" resembles mostly the hobbit Sam (Sean Astin) with Tobey Maguire (Spiderman) as the runner up. I will break the news to him on his blog sometime soon. Kidding, I'm sure he won't take it seriously, and besides it's helped people get used to the way he looks (and by that I don't mean that he looks weird or anything but just that it always takes some getting used to when you combine the visual with the audio). Anyways Sam's cool- Frodo couldn't have gone on with the journey to destroy the ring without him, just as Arby n' the Chief couldn't go on without Jon.

2. I'm working on a new map called 'Infection Collisuem' and as you can already deduce it is another infection map, although I am sorry to say that this will be my last one for a while as I have a few competitive maps planed out next. It will not be a regular infection map either- this one will completely redefine the infection gametype as I hope for it to result in very different gameplay for a more exciting and unique experience (yet to be assured). I'm not going to give out any more details until it's done since someone could steal my idea, but I will tell you that it's likely to take me a couple more weeks to finish. Trust me, it will be worth the wait.

3. I'm not blacklisted anymore so once again my map descriptions and pictures are accessable on Bungie.net. Yah!

4. I will be releasing a review of each of the maps in the Legendary Map Pack for Halo 3 in the near future. It will be a thorough and fair summary as was my review of the game itself. I also plan to do a review of Call of Duty 4 (yes I finally picked it up) after which will probably be followed by NHL 08 (okay so I blew my paycheck on games and microsoft points- better than wasting it on tuition).

5. I am in the process of thoroughly researching the requirements for making machinimas and it seems that I will have the supplies and will be making videos before the summer. I have some well-developed scripts too, so I can get to it as soon as I get the stuff.

And that's all, I hope it's enough to keep you tuned in to my blog for now.

Peace,

Mander

14 comments:

  1. No more infection maps for a while! But you make such good ones! :(

    oh well, Infection Colliseum sounds wicked even though you haven't really said what it's about. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fag, why does everybody do that now? Is it because of ph33r's IAWL because if so that's pretty retarded. Nobody gives a shit whether your first, second, third, first page, seventh page or what you just look like an idiot when you post that and any other comments you make lose all credibility.

    Anywho- Mander this is great news- I was wondering if you were still making maps. I'm a huge fan of Work Space and Recluse Mansion. Sweet that you picked up Call of Duty 4- accept my friend request if you want me to help you rank up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet I want to see hoe Call of Duty 4 compares to Halo 3. It'll be ci=ool to see what you think of the new maps too- I like avalanche and blackout and ghost town are alright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol I liked how you compared Jon to Sam
    that made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me want infection collisuem NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sure that you'll beable to do all those? I figure that you'll have to drop some since I know Machinima requires movies every week. Jon can barely keep up with that alone while you plan to go to university, work, make maps, write reviews, and make machinimas week to week. It'll be too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The anonymous above has a point Mander- how are you going to do all this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. how come u didn't mention scarabs in ur halo review??

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're like Bungie with your lack of info. you just give a bare minimum
    cut it out

    ReplyDelete
  11. good allusion to LOTR

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I get an Xbox I'll try get your maps, they sound pretty cool

    Faballion

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice no black list! Now I can check out the pics to Mind Trap like I've been meaning to.

    ReplyDelete