The official blog of SavageShore Creations. Here you will find updates about news in gaming, reliable reviews ranging from new game releases to a number of TV shows, videos which will primarily consist of machinimas, and maps and games that I've created in either Halo 3 or Halo: Reach. You will find that the majority of my work will be oriented around the Xbox 360 as that is the console of my choice. This site will also be serving as my online portfolio, so everything I post here will contribute to that, and I don't frankly care whether any of it gets views or not. For those who are tuning in for entertainment, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

The rest of them.

Mind Trap: This is definitely the most time-consuming and creative map I have made to date. This is because it is not your regular kill-each-other type of game. In this map with its specific oddball gametype "Treasure Hunt", you have to figure out a way how to get past each room that you’re stuck in. It took every once of cunning that I had to produce this sucker and while it may not be marvellous to look at, it's extremely fun to play either by yourself or with group of friends up to four people. I have double, triple, and quadruple checked this map to make sure that there were no cheap shortcuts and that every room was definitely passable. I did leave a few shortcuts in on purpose so that when they reach a certain point, the players won't have to start from the very beginning each time they mess up and fail the challenge (if you die you will restart no matter what). Some challenges test your intelligence, while others test your skill and daring. See if you can beat it.



















Work Space: This is my idea of an awesome infection map. The humans spawn inside the giant office building complete with a conference room and warehouse (hence 'Work Space') where they find a limited amount of Human weapons (flamethrower included). The zombies spawn outside in the back of a semi. The zombies then find there way inside the building through a network of vents in the ceiling and sneak attack their prey!
This is one of the few maps that makes it more fun to be the zombie than the human. I'm constantly having people ask me if I can change it so that they're the zombie for the entire game (eventhough it's impossible to do so, and even if it weren't I wouldn't do it for them because I want to be the damn zombie). It's pretty hard for the humans to win but not impossible, and it makes the victory that much more satisfying. Out of all the games I've played on this map of mine I'd say that humans win 30% of the time. The perfect infection type that I came up with for it is "Shadow Zombs" where the zombies are weak but the alpha's have active camo. The humans have a good 30 seconds to get prepared before the zombies come because thats how long it takes for the first dumpster to spawn outside giving the zombies access to the vents. There are three main vent ways leading into the building, one immediately left to the semi on the side of the building (the first to become accessable), one halfway down the building side in a corner ( the second to become accessable), and one at the very back of the building (the last to become accessable). There is no way for the humans to get out, so if you somehow manage to find one without editing it in forge then congrats, you achieved something that me and over a hundred other attempted and failed to accomplish. I also managed to cover the whole thing with a roof for a nice indoors feel (hence the low budget if you take it to forge). Have fun stealth attacking the humans!













Hey, what's that above you?










Recluse Mansion: Yes, I just finished this today but this is really just a tease as I'm not done preparing it for all gametypes and therefore have not published it yet, but fear not, it will be downloadable soon. This mainly infection map is a massive, four story mansion chalk full of stunning hiding places. That's right all you hiders out there, I made this just for you. You can play this all you want and you'll never find every place.




Alright so here's how it works with the "Black Widow" gametype I designed for it. It's an all out battle between the Brown Recluses and the Black Widows (types of spiders for those of you who don't know). The Recluses (humans) have caught the Black Widow in a trap from which she is angrily trying to free herself, so now it's time for the Recluses to do what they do best, hide. And in this massive abandoned mansion that really isn't too hard a thing to do. They have a thirty-second head start before the Black Widow is free from her trap. Now the Widow attacks and though she may not beable to see her foes, her spider sense tells her where they are. Will the Recluses survive the time limit or will the Widow have her revenge?
















And that's it, comment away!

9 comments:

  1. Jackpot! Thak you thank you thank you Mander, these look even better than I dreamed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fucking A eh? You do know how to make maps. I love infection so I think I'll do 'work Space' and 'Recluse mansion'. Good job man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like a mother talking about her children "oh this one was my first, oh and this ones juststunning", faggot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Mander, I've got them on active transfer from your fileshare right now, Ican't wait to try them:) When will Recluse Mansion be up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, I'm not sure when I'll beable to publish Recluse Mansion, maybe Tuesday. I just gotta prepare it for other gametypes. I also have to do that for Work Space, but Mind Trap and Teleport Tower are all good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, Work Space is fucking awesome, me and my friends played it all night last night. How do you make the vents? That shit must take you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I played with Mander on his Recluse Map the other day and he told me he'd appreciate it if I commented on his blog and I am telling you now DOWNLOAD THIS MAP! It is so freaking sweet!!!! We played six games in a row, each game containing six rounds with 12 people and not one person quit! It's that fun! Thanks Mander you- makes some sick maps man.

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would but he hasn't published it yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mind Trap is the sweetest foundary map ever! Seriously dowload it and see how far you get. I'm on the sixth challenge, I'm trying to figure out a way to get to the teleporter at the top of the double box at the end of the hidden hallway. If I dont figure it out soon I'll ask you guys to tell me if you know it. Maybe even Mander will tell me. He put some really awesome challenges in there, I especially like the third and fourth, and also the first-I was so happy when I finally figured out how to pass it (I won't spoil it for any of you).

    Honestly man how do you come up with those ideas? I want to see whats making all the noise on the map too. I think I'll go and try it right now actualy...

    PS for those of you who dont know it's on his fileshare along with the game type.

    ReplyDelete